Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My dinner menu for the week

I'm focusing on being healthy and one way for me to do that is to plan ahead. I don't want to sabotage myself by getting too hungry (or shopping hungry!) and stuffing the first available food into my mouth, I want to have good choices available to me which means planning ahead and stocking my house. That is exactly what I did this week. :)

I thought I would share my dinner menu with you in case you needed a little inspiration. I know I'm starting on Tuesday and I should have shared this a little earlier in the week but.....better late than never.

Here goes...

Last night I made a skinny version of chicken fried rice, very tasty and both kids ate it up. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook (and I hope you do!) you may have already seen this picture.


Here's a direct link to the recipe on Pinterest. I made a couple of changes, instead of four egg whites I used three whole eggs and I upped the peas to a full cup rather than a half....otherwise the same!

Tonight is all about the crock pot which means easy, and this one is easy even for a crock pot recipe! It's just chicken thighs, salsa, a few spices....and it turns into this delicious chicken which you can then put on top of a salad like in this picture where I got the recipe from, or if you have a daughter who loves all things Mexican then you can have it in tacos which is what we'll be doing tonight.


Here is a link to the recipe on Skinnytaste. I'm looking forward to having the leftovers on top of romaine for my lunch tomorrow.

Wednesday will be this delicious looking quinoa salad and moose steaks (I'm so lucky to have a father who hunts and shares!).


It will be a very protein dense meal between the steaks and the quinoa, I have a feeling we will be full. Here is a link to the recipe.

Thursday will be another one from Skinnytaste, one I've had before and is really tasty. Dirty brown rice with Shrimp....yum!


Here's a link to the recipe, Gina has yet to steer me wrong!

And finally Friday will be pan fried pork chops with these delicious grilled zucchinis.


You can find the recipe here.

Some good stuff coming up this week, and I'm already working on next weeks meals too. Pinterest is great for finding some wonderfully inspired cooking, and a good place to find lower calorie meals too if that's what you're looking for. Feel free to follow me by clicking here.

I am always looking for cooking inspiration so if there is a recipe or recipes you've been enjoying then please share in the comments section.



No comments:

Post a Comment