Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday fitness...an update

I have been running 5-6 days a week, just 5km so not crazy distances and I can't believe I'm going to say this but....it's getting easier. Well actually....


The mental battle is getting easier. You know the one where your brain is telling you to stop, that you've had enough, or to walk because you can't breathe or your legs are on fire or any number of excuses that sound good at the time. That is the hardest part of running for me and I have to stop myself from thinking about how much farther I have to go. Instead I try to let my mind wander to other things going on in my life, or think about the plans for my future. This can be as simple as what I'm going to make for dinner that night or as complex as what do I want to be when I grow up. Anything to take my mind off of the effort...it's just me and music and thoughts.

And if you need something to get you out the door...check out this video and I dare you to stay sitting in your chair...



I've traded one sister for another (thank you Amanda...I'll get you next time Chantal!) to run the Miracle Beach 5K with me in just over two weeks and I'm so pumped about it. We can do it girl!

If you want to join us you can register here and we'll see you at the starting line! :)


And before I go, if you're looking for a skinny version of a hearty fall soup than check out this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Skinnytaste. It turned out so delicious (both kids gobbled it up), was very easy to make and took hardly any ingredients...a winner in my book.



I can't believe it's Friday already...enjoy the weekend!



1 comment: