Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

The weather was lovely again today, got close to 20C. I love being outside with no worry about needing a coat.
I decided to add a little touch of spring to the house when I was grocery shopping today and saw these beautiful tulips on sale, only $2 a bunch. They are normally $5 so a great savings. I have three bunches in the vase here, so only $6 for this beautiful punch of colour, and who doesn't love fresh flowers? :)
The biggest news of today came from Ella. Check out that tooth!!

She is beyond excited, so excited in fact that she even cried a little when she found out it was loose this morning. She has been waiting a long time for this. She has been working on it all day and of course told everyone at school all about it. It's a big milestone in a little ones life. A friend said that she used to put glitter on the money under the pillow, a little tooth fairy dust if you will. I think that's a great idea and will definitely be doing it for Ella.

I have started my foray into jewelry making, and below is my first attempt. I am really happy with how it turned out and in fact I have been wearing it all day today. There will be many more pieces to follow and I will be sure to post pictures here.

In celebration of Earth Day yesterday we decided to plant a tree. We were originally thinking of getting a pink Dogwood as they are just so beautiful but when we looked at the price tag($100) we decided to go with our second choice which was an Italian Prune Plum($35). I have some of the best memories of sitting in my Grandpa's plum trees as a kid and eating myself silly. I love prune plums so I am so excited for this one to produce(I have a long wait..lol).


The kids have been spending lots of time outside and the sandbox has become one of the current favourite places(thank you so much Mom and Dad for providing it, they love it!). The two of them really play well together, and now that Marshall is starting to talk the interactions are getting better and better. They have me laughing all the time...lol.

I had a good visit with my friend Melissa today. She was in town for the day waiting for her foster dog to be spayed so we had a great time catching up, as well as a yummy lunch at White Spot(thank you Melissa!). I love catching up with friends, so much fun. :)

I'm off to make dinner, but just wanted to mention in case you didn't know....you can click on each picture in this blog to make them bigger.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT know you could click on the pictures to make them bigger! All the better to see that great bracelet ;) Looking forward to seeing what's to come.

    I see Ella's sporting her favorite hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOTS more jewelry pieces to come! I'll be posting pictures on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete